This is a CarPlay Smart Box suitable for CIC head unit.
It is currently compatible with the following models:
And for other BMW CIC head unit models, please contact us.
The detailed steps are as following:
1. Take out the dashboard and air conditioning panel.
2. Remove out the CIC head unit.
3. Take out joystick at first.
4. Then take out the iDrive dashboard.
5. Finally, remove out the CIC head unit carefully.
6. Connect with the CarPlay kit's iDrive adapter.
7. Then connect to SmartBox box power cable.
8. LVDS-OUT connect to original LVDS cable.
9. USB Cable.
10. LVDS-IN connects to the LVDS port behind the Head Unit.
11. Connect AUX cable from AUDIO-OUT to armrest original AUX port.
13. WiFi antenna.
14. Aftermarket rear camera connection (Connect Rear RCA port and red power cable).
15. According to installation diagram set up dip switch.
16. Disassemble glove box.
17. Connect cables well with the box, and locate a good position.
18. Assemble back CIC head unit.
19. Then assemble back all control panels, job is done.
20. Before the switch to CarPlay, select AUX front at first.
21. Finally enjoying wireless CarPlay on your Z4.