This is a CarPlay Smart Box suitable for PCM3.1 head unit.
It is currently compatible with the following models:
And for other Porsche 911 PCM3.1 head unit models, please contact us.
1. Take out the dashboard and air conditioning panel.
2. Take out the PCM head unit.
3. Disassemble the PCM head unit carefully.
4. Remove original screws (3pcs), then add the copper column.
5. Assemble and fix sub-PCB board carefully.
6. Remove this silver plate for the LVDS cable layout.
7. Connect LVDS cable (please note don't plug in reverse).
8. And connect tight enough, then fixed.
9. Then assemble PCM back.
10. Convert with 48PIN harness (Don't forget to remove optic fiber cable if have).
11. Then connect to Smart Box box power cable.
12. Connect LVDS cable to LCD_OUT.
13. Connect AUX cable from AUDIO-OUT to AUDIO-IN.
14. Connect external MIC, USB cable, WiFi antenna.
15. Microphone installation.
16. Then connect all original cables with PCM, assemble back.
17. Connect all cables with the Smart Box box and locate it under the steering wheel.
18. Plug AUX adapter to the original AUX port.
19. Assemble back all dashboard, job done.
20. Before the switch to CarPlay, press 'SOURCE' to select the AUX channel at first.
21. Press 'NAVI' switch to the CarPlay system.
22. Turn on iPhone's WiFi (no need to connect the network), then turn on iPhone's Bluetooth, pairing 'IDCORE' switch to the CarPlay screen automatically after 5s.