In most cases, you'll need a cable to connect your phone to your car wired to take full advantage of CarPlay. However, for some phones and cars, you can more easily use CarPlay wireless connections. Let's see if you can try this feature, and if so, how to use CarPlay Wireless.
Table of contents
- How to set up wireless Apple Carplay wirelessly
- Which iPhones support wireless CarPlay?
- Which cars support wireless CarPlay?
- How to use car's built-in controls to operate CarPlay
- How to arrange CarPlay apps
How to set up wireless Apple Carplay wirelessly
- Make sure your car is in wireless or Bluetooth pairing mode, or press and hold the voice command button on the steering wheel to set up CarPlay
- Then on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Available Cars and choose your car.
Which iPhones support wireless CarPlay?
Wireless CarPlay can be handled as long as you're on the following models with iOS 9 or newer. If you can't find CarPlay in your General, please use Siri to enable CarPlay.
Which cars support wireless CarPlay?
In general, wireless CarPlay is only available in models circa 2021 and later because it's the most recent feature. Of course, keep in mind that not all vehicles from automakers support CarPlay in wireless form, and support may vary depending on the specific configuration of the model you buy. Below is a list of most models equipped with wireless CarPlay in 2022, there may be omission, please call your local dealer for details.
How to use car's built-in controls to operate CarPlay
There are two ways to operate CarPlay
- CarPlay can be operated with built-in controls. Such as touchscreen, knob, or touchpad.
- Voice-operated CarPlay via Siri
How to arrange CarPlay apps
For the safety of drivers, only CarPlay-supported apps will appear on your display. Users can customize the display of available applications on the display, such as adding, deleting or sorting order.
- Settings > General > CarPlay > Choose your car.> Customize
- Tap the Add button or Delete button to add and remove apps. Tap and drag an app to change the order the apps appear in.
After completing the modification, you need to reconnect your iPhone to the car to display the new custom interface.