This is a CarPlay Smart Box suitable for EVO head unit.
It is currently compatible with the following models:
And for other BMW EVO head unit models, please contact us.
1. Disassemble dashboard and take out EVO head unit.
2. Convert with 48PIN harness power cable (Don‘t forget transfer optic fiber cable if have).
3. Then connect with SmartBox box power cable.
4. LCD_IN connects to the LVDS port behind EVO Head Unit.
5. Original LVDS cable connects to LCD_OUT.
6. WiFi antenna.
7. USB cable for wired connection and future updates.
8. External microphone for voice control.
9. USB – AUX adapter connects the original USB port.
10. Then connect to AUDIO-OUT by AUX cable.
11. Setting the dip switch according to the installation diagram.
12. Turn on of WiFi, pairing with Bluetooth.
13. Test all CarPlay functions and OEM system before assemble back.
14. Disassemble the iDrive adapter for the AUX cable layout.
15. Disassemble the above dashboard to put Head Unit back.
16. Assemble back Head Unit, and locate the SmartBox box at a good position.
17. Assemble back dashboard and iDrive panel.