This is a CarPlay Smart Box suitable for S Class (2005-2009, W221) Head Unit.
It is currently compatible with the following models:
And for other Mercedes-Benz W221 head unit models, please contact us.
1. Disassemble W221 head unit cover panel (Disassemble head unit only, don‘t do anything for display screen).
2. Remove out the W221 head unit.
3. Unplug the head unit power cable.
4. And LVDS cable.
5. Transfer fiber optic cable to SmartBox kit cable the same position.
6. Then connect to Smart Box box power cable.
7. LVDS cable connect from the original LVDS port.
8. To switch box LCD_IN.
9. And original LVDS cable connect to LCD_OUT.
10. AUX cable connect from AUDIO-OUT to AUDIO-IN.
11. USB cable for wired connection.
12. Touch cable connects from switch box CTRL.
13. To Smart Box box ''TOUCH'' port.
14. Set up a dip switch according to installation diagram (1, 3, 8 ON).
15. WiFi antenna.
16. External microphone.
17. After all cables connected, test all functions before assembling back.
18. Microphone cable layout.
19. Disassemble cover board under the glove box for locating the Smart Box box.
20. Go through well cables behind the head unit to the glove box.
21. Then connect with Smart Box box.
22. Assemble back glove box cover board.
23. Assemble back W221 head unit.
24. All job done.